First of all, thank you for visiting us.
We attach great importance to ensuring that you can trust us and, therefore, in this page we want to inform you of the purposes and methods for the processing of the personal data that we collect when you navigate, whether you register or not, this website (hereinafter “Website”) and when you use the services we offer, as better specified below.
When you navigate our Website, you can register (“Registered Users”) or decide not to (“Unregistered Users”).
Registration is optional and enables access to some sections of the Website and use of various services, such as: participating in contests, receiving communications and offers, as well as many other services. If you register to one of the websites dedicated to the various brands of the Barilla Group, you will be directly registered also to the other Barilla websites.
The processing of your personal data shall always be lawful and fair, in compliance with all applicable legislation.
Below, you will find exhaustive information on the processing of your personal data.
Please, do not hesitate to ask any question you may have. Click on this link to find out how to contact us: Contact us
Remember that you can change or delete your profile and the methods through which you want to be contacted: click here to access your profile page.
Last updated: 30 July 2019
Name and contact details of the Data Controller
The Data Controller is Barilla G. e R. Fratelli Società per Azioni (hereinafter referred to as “Barilla” or “Data Controller”), with headquarters in Parma, Italy, at the address Via Mantova, 166 – 43122 and the following contact details [email protected] Contact
Barilla will process your Personal Data in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and with the national legislation on the protection of personal data (hereinafter “Privacy Legislation”).
What Personal data do we process and how do we collect them?
Your registration to the Website and/or any requests for information or services made by you may entail the collection and the subsequent further processing of your Personal Data (such as first name, last name, mail and e-mail addresses, password, age, date of birth, sex, image, occupation, marital status, etc.).
Specifically, your Personal Data may be collected:
- Through online forms filled in by you;
- Through your registration with social log-ins; and
- Through the publication by you of Contributions (as defined herein), the contents of which may include your Personal Data provided directly by you, on social networks independently managed by third parties, such as, by way of an example and not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (hereinafter “Social Networks”). By “Contributions”, we mean the images, comments, catchphrases associated with the subject matters of the Website, its contents and any other piece of information that you devise and publish on the Social Network pages dedicated to the products with the various brands of the Barilla Group, including any image that you may provide. The Contributions may be published also using a nickname chosen by you upon registration to the Website and with any image that you may associate with your nickname. In choosing your nickname and any image associated with it, the liability for any prejudices that the use of the nickname or of the image may cause to third parties shall lie exclusively with you.
If you choose to register to the Website or to send any request through the Website “Contact us” section, the provision of some Personal Data is necessary in order for Barilla to be able to meet your needs within the Website operation and, therefore, some fields of the registration form are marked with an asterisk or marked as required in other ways. The provision of Personal Data that are not marked with the asterisk or marked as required in other ways is absolutely optional and any failure to provide such Personal Data or their partial or incorrect provision shall entail no consequences. Conversely, any failure to provide Personal Data marked with an asterisk or however marked as required or their partial or incorrect provision shall make the service you have requested impossible to perform. If you failed to provide one or more required Personal Data, Barilla will display an error message with the list of the required Personal Data missing.
You can register to the Website also through social log-in, i.e. through automatic filling in, thanks to your request to a Social Network, which you are a member of, to provide Barilla with some of the data that you have already provided to the Social Network; in this case, Barilla recommends that you pay attention to the following:
Selecting the link that allows registration through a Social Network, which can be found on the Website or on one of Barilla’s pages on the Social Network, a window will pop up in order for you to consent that your Personal Data are sent by the Social Network to Barilla; a link will also appear in order for you to deselect your Personal Data that you do not want sent to Barilla.
What are the purposes of processing your Personal Data and the related legal grounds?
In accordance with the needs and requests that you have expressed by accessing the various sections of the Website (and except for any individual initiatives entailing the provision of specific Personal Data, as regards which specific information to data subjects shall be published each time), the purposes pursued in processing your Personal Data and the related legal grounds are given below.
Your Personal Data shall be processed for the following purposes, exclusively after having obtained your consent to processing, which you shall be entitled to withdraw at any time accessing your profile page (where you can deselect the relevant box), erasing your profile, using the link you will find at the bottom of every promotional e-mail (as regards marketing activities and the newsletter) or in accordance with the methods set forth each time by the Data Controller upon obtaining consent:1. Management of and response to your requests
You may decide to give your consent to the processing of your Personal Data in order for Barilla to manage and respond to any requests you may make regarding products and initiatives with the different brands of the Barilla Group, advertisement or the Website (the “Contact us” section of the Website). For these purposes, your consent shall be asked for when you send your requests. Should you decide not to give your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for the aforementioned purpose, the forwarding of your request shall not be completed.2. Marketing activities
You may decide to consent to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, i.e. for commercial communications, also through e-mail, SMS text messages and push notifications, for the sending of promotional and advertising materials on any brand of the Barilla Group or for carrying out marker surveys. For these purposes, your consent shall be asked for when you register to the Website. In your personal profile section on the Website, you shall be entitled to choose the channels through which you prefer receiving commercial communications (for example, all or some out of e-mail, SMS text messages, mail, push notification) and to choose the Barilla Group’s brands you are interested in.3. Profiling
You shall be entitled to decide whether to give your consent to being profiled, i.e. analysis of your habits and/or consumption choices, as well as the comparison of your Personal Data stored in the various databanks of Barilla or used by it for example to send bespoke promotional communications, customization of the contents displayed on the Website, publication of banners and statistical surveys. Various activities can contribute to your profiling, for instance whether you participate or not in contests, your interaction with the Website, the purchase of products with the various brands of the Barilla Group or any Contributions published by you on the pages of Social Networks dedicated to products with the various brands of the Barilla Group. For these purposes, your consent shall be asked for when you register to the Website.4. Receipt of the newsletter
You may decide to subscribe, giving the related consent, to the newsletter service dedicated to a specific brand of the Barilla Group. For these purposes, your consent shall be asked for when you subscribe to the newsletter service.
Furthermore, also without your consent, Barilla may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration to the Website and activities for the activation and use by you of the services offered on the Website, your interaction with the Website and with its sections (for example, access to the Website restricted areas, as well as the publication by you of Contributions on the Social Network pages dedicated to products with the various brands of the Barilla Group), with the sending of “transactional” e-mails regarding the procedure for your registration to the Website and to keep your account active (as processing required to the execution of a contract or precontractual measures);
- To manage your participation, where any, in contests, including the assessment, assignation and communication of both the offer of gift points and opportunities to accumulate such points (by sending “transactional” e-mails regarding your participation, where any, in the promotion) as well as to award prizes (as processing required to execute a contract or precontractual measures);
- To manage and fulfil any statutory obligations (accounting, administrative, tax ones, etc.);
- To manage complaints and any disputes (as a legitimate interest of the Data Controller).
How do we process your Personal Data?
The processing of your Personal Data may include any type of operations, including collecting, recording, organizing, storing, consulting, running, changing, selecting, extracting, comparing, using, interconnecting, blocking, communicating, deleting and destroying them.
Your Personal Data shall be processed mainly through automated procedures, but also on paper, with logistics strictly related to the set purposes, through the databases, the electronic platforms managed by Barilla or by third parties appointed for the purpose as external data processors and/or integrated information systems of Barilla and of the aforementioned third parties and/or websites and/or the APP owned or used by Barilla.
The Data Controller has assessed the security level as adequate in accordance with the risks that could result from loss, destruction, change, unauthorized disclosure, accidental or unlawful access, abuse or alteration of your Personal Data. Specifically:
- It has implemented security measures that are adequate to the risks;
- It shall store your Personal Data in servers mainly located in the European Economic Area (to have information on the methods to transfer Personal Data outside the European Economic Area, please see “Transfer of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area”). In any case, the servers are covered by a state-of-the-art system of daily backup.
Where do we process your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data shall be processed mainly at the Data Controller’s premises and at the places where the data processors are based. For more exhaustive information, please contact the Data Controller using the contact details given in the “Name and contact details of the Data Controller” section.
How long do we store your Personal Data?
In order to ensure compliance with the principles of necessity and proportionality of processing, the Data Controller has identified different periods for which it stores Personal Data in accordance with the different purposes it pursues:
- To manage your registration to the Website and to carry out the activities for the activation and use by you of the services offered on the Website, for your interaction with the Website and its sections, your Personal Data shall be stored for the strictly necessary period and, however, at the longest until your profile is active. For security reasons, we will use log data to verify the use of the account and, if you are inactive for over 24 months, you will be contacted in order to verify whether you are still interested in keeping your account active and you will be informed of how to express such interest. If there is no activity for the following 30 days, your account will be deleted;
- To manage and respond to your requests regarding products and initiatives with the various brands of the Barilla Group, advertising or the Website (“Contact us” section of the Website), your Personal Data shall be stored for the time as strictly necessary to deal with your request;
- To carry out marketing activities, i.e. for commercial communications, also by e-mail, SMS texts and push notifications, for sending promotional and advertising materials on anyone of the brands of the Barilla Group or to carry out market surveys, your Personal Data, excluding contact data, shall be stored for a period of 36 months at the longest;
- For profiling purposes, i.e. the analysis of your habits and/or consumption choices, as well as for the comparison of your Personal Data as stored in the different databanks owned or used by Barilla, for example to send bespoke promotional communications, customization of the contents displayed on the Website, publication of banners and statistical surveys, the Personal Data that contribute to your profiling shall be stored for 36 months at the longest;
- To send newsletters, your Personal Data, excluding contact data, shall be stored for 36 months at the longest.
- To manage you participation, where any, in contests and to fulfil the related statutory, administrative and accounting obligations, your Personal Data shall be stored for the time as strictly necessary to complete the related activities;
- To manage and fulfil the statutory obligations (accounting, administrative, tax ones, etc.), your Personal Data shall be stored for the time as strictly necessary for this purpose;
- In order to manage complaints and any disputes, your Personal Data shall be stored for the time as strictly necessary for this purpose and, in any case, not beyond the applicable terms as per the relevant statute of limitation.
Who are the recipients of your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be sent to and processed by:
(i) Legal or natural persons that operate as external data processors, providing outsourced services and appointed by Barilla or by Barilla’s external data processors (including persons providing assistance, communication, marketing, advertising, promotions and sale of products and/or services, as well as advertisers, advertising agencies, IT service providers, Website managers, managers of IT platforms, partners, credit institutions, professional firms);
(ii) Employees and/or other staff of the Data Controller (including system administrators), who operate under the Data Controller’s direct authority and shall therefore be authorized to process your Personal Data; and
(iii) Employees and/or other staff of the external data processors (including system administrators), who operate under the direct authority of the external data processors and shall therefore be authorized to process your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data shall not be disclosed to third parties, except in case your Personal Data are disclosed by Barilla to advisors in order for Barilla to protect its rights and shall not be circulated. In case you have entered your Personal Data in your nickname and/or have associated your image to the nickname, these data may be disclosed through the Website or through the Social Networks.
Transfer of your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area
Your Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area, that is to say outside the European Union and Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein (and specifically to the United States of America) in order for them to be stored in the servers of the Neodata Exaudi electronic platform managed or used by Barilla or by third parties appointed for the purpose as external data processors. The data shall be transferred by Barilla, after entering into Standard Contractual Clauses that are compliant with those adopted by the European Commission with the providers of the servers and/or services, or after verifying the registration of the external data processor in the system called “Privacy Shield”.
Minors below 16 years of age shall not provide Personal Data or information without the consent of those having parental authority on them. Without such consent, the minor shall not be allowed to register to the Website. Barilla invites all those vested with parental authority on minors to inform them about safe and responsible use of the Internet and of the Web, as well as to implement the procedures set forth upon registration to the Website concerning the registration to the Website of minors under 16 years of age.
Name and contact details of the data processors
You can consult the full list of Personal Data processors contacting the Data Controller at the contract details given in the “Name and contact details of the Data Controller” section.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Data Controller can be contact at: [email protected]
Your rights as regards the processing of your Personal Data
The Legislation on the protection of personal data (Privacy legislation) gives you, as a data subject, several rights. Specifically, you have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation from the Data Controller as to whether or not personal data concerning you exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form, as well as access to your Personal Data (obtaining a copy thereof) and to the related information (including the purposes of the processing, the categories and source of your Personal Data, the categories of recipients to which they have been or may be communicated, the period for which they will be stored (when possible) and the rights you are entitled to exercise);
- Obtain rectification of your Personal Data and the integration of your Personal Data where incomplete;
- Delete your profile on the Website and, in any case, to obtain from the Controller the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay, among other cases, where your Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed or any legitimate ground for their processing no longer exists;
- Obtain from the Controller the anonymisation or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected or subsequently processed;
- Obtain from the Controller restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, among other cases, when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data or have objected to their processing, for the period required to perform the related verifications;
- Receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to directly transmit or, where technically feasible, have your Personal Data transmitted to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means and where the processing is based on your consent or is required for the execution of a contract which you are a party to;
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for any of the purposes for which you gave your consent.
You can exercise your rights towards Barilla going to the “Contact us” section of the Website or writing to the e-mail address [email protected] or sending a letter to Barilla to the address set forth in the “Name and contact details of the Data Controller” section.
Furthermore, if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes the Privacy Legislation, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for the protection of personal data of the State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, or ask the same Authority for information on the exercise of your rights as provided for by the Privacy Legislation.
The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data
At any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, you shall have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data (including profiling) which is necessary for pursuing a legitimate interest of the Controller or of a third party. In this case, the Controller shall no longer process your Personal Data unless the Controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in court.
Without prejudice to your right to withdraw your consent to the processing for marketing and profiling purposes, you shall have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, to the extent it is connected to such direct marketing, going to the “Contact us” section of the Website or sending an e-mail to the address: [email protected] If you object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, the Controller shall no longer process them in any way for such purpose.
Cookies are small text files sent by a server (in this case, the server of the Website) to the device of a user (generally to the Internet browser) when the user accesses a given page on a website; cookies, which can be set also by websites other than the one the user is visiting (“third party cookies”) are automatically stored by the user’s browser and retransmitted to the server that generated them each time the user accesses the same Internet page. In this way, for example, cookies enable and/or facilitate access to some Internet pages to improve the user’s navigation experience (i.e. with cookies, visited pages and other specific information can be remembered, such as pages that are most frequently consulted, login errors, etc.), or to carry out profiling activities. Therefore, for easier and full use of a website, it would be advisable for users to configure their browsers to accept these cookies.
Browsers are often set to automatically accept cookies. However, users can change the default configuration in order to disable or delete cookies (each time or once and for all), with the consequence that the optimal use of some areas of the website may be prevented. Users can also check the modalities and types of cookies that are stored on their browser by changing the cookie settings in their browser.
Characteristics and purposes of cookies
Our Website uses the categories of cookies listed below, which may be of Barilla or of third parties.1. Technical and functionality cookies:
a. Technical cookies:
They make it easier for you to navigate the Website and to use its functions. Among technical cookies, worth mentioning are essential cookies, also called “strictly necessary” cookies, enabling functions without which you would not be able to fully use the Website, as well as performance cookies that improve the Website operation.b. Functionality cookies:
They allow the Website to remember the choices you have made (for example the language or the geographical area where you are) and to keep them when you access again the Website in order to provide better and bespoke services (for example, these cookies can be used to propose contents that are similar to those you have requested before).2. Profiling cookies:
They are used to send advertising messages and services in line with the preferences that you have expressed.
Specifically, they are used to offer you advertisement and services that can be interesting for you, as well as to create single profiles on your tastes, your preferences and your consumption choices, as detected during your navigation on the Website or by comparing the activities you carried out through your browser. For example, they are used to restrict delivery of a given data advertisement, or to deduct the effectiveness of a campaign from the frequency of displaying of the related advertisement.
Description of the procedures to consent to the installation of cookies
Upon your first access to the Website, you will find a banner with a short information note that contains a link to this full information note where you can find more exhaustive information on the cookies installed by the Data Controller and by third parties.
In this full information note, you can find more exhaustive information on the description and characteristics of the different categories of cookies and can independently decide which cookies you want to authorize.
For the use of technical and analytical cookies, your consent is not required. However, you can disable them following the procedure described in the paragraph “How can you enable or disable cookies on your browsers?”.
On the other hand, for the use of profiling cookies, which are useful to send you advertisement and services in line with your tastes, your preferences and your consumption choices, your consent is required.
The table below describes the cookies sent to your browser when you access the Website. The table is updated to 30 July 2019; any further updates shall always be published on this page.
Third party technical cookies
- Gigya technical cookies with storage time extending to when the cookies are manually deleted.
- Google Analytics
Profiling (marketing) cookies:
- Doubleclick cookies
- NeoData cookies
- Facebook cookies
The links to the third parties’ information notes and forms to express consent are given below, with such third parties being independent data controllers; with these links you can obtain more exhaustive information on, manage and disable these cookies.
How can you enable or disable cookies on your browsers?
You can block the acceptance of cookies by your browser. However, this might result in less efficient access or denied access to some functions or pages of the Website.
The methods of the main browsers to block the acceptance of cookies are given below:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
Other methods to disable analytical and profiling cookies:
In addition to disabling and/or deleting the cookies through the related setups of your browser, you can disable and/or delete the single analytical and profiling cookies accessing the websites given below:
- Doubleclick cookies: please go to https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated to delete the cookies sent by the Doubleclick platform.
- Neodata cookies: please, visit http://www.neodatagroup.com/it/data-security/neodata-services-privacy-policy/ to delete Neodata cookies
- Facebook cookies: go to https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ to delete the cookies administered by Facebook
- www.youronlinechoices.eu, the website managed by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), to delete other cookies in case of users based in the European Union,
- http://www.aboutads.info/choises/, to delete other cookies in case of users residing in the United States of America.
The Data Controller uses social buttons on the Website.
Social buttons are digital buttons, i.e. links directly connecting to the Social Network platforms configured in each single button.
Clicking on these links, you can interact directly with the Data Controller’s accounts (social pages).
The managers of the Social Networks which the buttons refer to are independent data controllers. On the platforms of the Social Networks you can find more exhaustive information on the single privacy policies of the Social Networks and on the procedures to manage and disable the related cookies.